Our contact details
Name: Paul Rowland
Address: Old Deer Park, 187 Kew Road, Richmond, TW9 2AZ
Phone Number: 02082264200
E-mail: [email protected]
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal details
- Name, job title, employer and contact details of our business contacts
- Names, contact details, employment history and qualifications of people applying for jobs at Acara
- Personal information provided by referees of people who reach the final stage of a recruitment process
- The names, addresses and contact details of tenants of properties managed by Acara.
- The names, addresses and contact details of landlords of properties managed by Acara.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Providing your contact details to us via the website, over the telephone, by email or by post to make a business enquiry, to apply for a job or to rent a property managed by Acara.
We use this data to maintain business relationships with our customers, suppliers and partners and to provide our business services. The lawful basis we rely on to process your personal data is UK GDPR Article 6(1)(f) which allows us to process personal data when it’s necessary for our legitimate interests. For example, in order to provide a service to our customers, to respond to any enquires we may receive through our website and to recruit new staff.
- Visiting our website, if you opt into cookies. Acara uses Google Analytics from Google to collect information about how visitors use our website.
We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The lawful basis we rely on to process your personal data from cookie use is Article 6(1)(a) of the UK GDPR. This is based on your consent to do this, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting [email protected]
We use the information that you have given us in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for a particular purpose e.g. when providing referees as part of our recruitment process
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or with your landlord, or to take steps to enter into a contract with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
How we store your personal information and who we share it with
Your information is securely stored:
- Contact details provided by you when making contact as part of our business activities or to apply for a job is stored in the private email systems of our employees. We keep this data for as long as it is necessary to deliver the service that has been requested.
- The contact details of our customers and tenants is stored in secure, cloud-based software accessible only by authorised staff
- Data we obtain from visits to our website via Google Analytics is stored securely in Microsoft Teams which is hosted in the UK. We keep this data for as long as it is relevant to activities we are conducting to improve the services we provide to our customers.
When we share your information with other companies we make sure that they are obliged to handle your personal information appropriately.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
When we are process your personal data for our legitimate interests or on the basis that you provided consent as stated above, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. There are legitimate reasons why we may refuse your objection, which depend on why we are processing it.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at
[email protected] and Old Deer Park, 187 Kew Road, Richmond. TW9 2AZ.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk